Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Weeeee!!!

School is over, finals are D-O-N-E.

Last weekend I just kind of sat on the couch, feeling that I should do *something*.. but not sure what. Then it dawned on me.. I could read ANYTHING I wanted, do anything I wanted, without feeling like I needed to do something for school. Justin and I went to the library, where I got books on cookies and bread making.

I have been knitting, too. I finished one of my Monkey Socks:



I love the Risata. But with Christmas coming up, I set the socks aside, and I started a hat for Justin. I am using the Fake Isle Hat pattern, and using Lambs Pride Worsted. The last time I tried this the edge of the hat curled horribly, and I frogged it. So this time I used a size 5US on the ribbing only, and then changed to a 6US for the hat. And I also changed to a 2x2 rib.



I started it yesterday, so I think that's decent progress. Working with the mohair in the yarn makes me itchy sometimes, but it's just a hat, and I'm not gonna be the one wearing it. :-p And it'll make it warmer for Justin.

And speaking of Justin, his birthday was last week. I asked him what type of cake he wanted, and he said "cheesecake". So I kept sending him recipes, and he kept veto-ing them. (Hey, if I put all this work into a cheesecake, I want to make sure he *really* likes it.) And then I stumbled on this Oreo Cheesecake recipe. And it was love at first sight. I made it for him, and it took 2 pounds of cream cheese and a full box of oreos. And it was gone in a weekend. I'm sorry, hips.



Ok, back to knitting.

No comments: